Mulberry crumble ice cream recipe. This super easy recipe will satisfy your craving for sweet, frozen goodness!
My sister’s boy made his mulberry crumble ice cream recipe for the first time and it turn out delicious.
This recipe is for those who want to eat something cold and sweet this summer.
It is sure to give you yummy delight.
This cream cheese mulberry ice cream can be served with a waffle wedge/ cone or you just enjoy it as it is.
One scoop is not enough. It is the best way to make it like the real thing.
Ingredients required for Mulberry crumble ice cream recipe:
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup 2% milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup crème Fraiche
1 lb. fresh mulberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsps. Lemon juice
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
4 tbsps. Unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Preparation Method for Mulberry ice cream recipe:
- Take a non-reactive saucepan add mulberries, sugar, and lemon juice and stir well till well combined.
- Keep the pan on medium-high heat and cook well stirring continuously till mulberries are soft and the liquid they release has reduced somewhat for about 10 minutes.
- Slightly cool it and then transfer the mulberries and their juice into the food processor or blender till it turns into a smooth puree.
- Take a bowl and strain the mixture finely and then refrigerate it.
- Take another bowl and add egg yolks add half a cup of sugar and whisk well and set them aside.
- Take a non-stick saucepan and add cream, milk, salt, and half a cup of sugar and stir well till well combined.
- Put this pan over medium-high heat and boil it till the mixture is just around the edges and turn the flame low.
- Then gently estimate out ½ cup of the hot cream mixture and whisk the egg constantly.
- Carry on with tempering the eggs by adding one more half cup of the hot cream to the bowl with the yolks.
- Then swarm this cream egg mixture into the saucepan and cook on medium heat till it is thickened, and coat the back of a spatula for around 5 minutes.
- Take a clean container and strain the base through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Then pour this mixture into a 1-gallon zip-lock freezer fresher bag and merge the sealed bag in an ice bath till it cold for around 30 minutes.
- Keep in the refrigerator this ice cream base for 2 to 3 hours or for overnight.
- When ice cream is ready to churn, whisk well the crème Fraiche, then pour the mulberry puree into the ice cream base.
- Then we have to add the ice cream base into the frozen canister in your ice cream machine.
- We have to spin it well till it is thick and creamy for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take a storage container and pack the ice cream in it and add parchment paper and press directly against the surface and seal it with an airtight lid.
- Freeze it for at least 4 hours.
To make the crumble:
- Take a medium bowl and add flour, sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon.
- With your fingers rub the mixture altogether till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Keep in the fridge these breadcrumbs for 15 minutes till it is chilled.
- Now, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a baking sheet and add parchment paper to it and spread the chilled crumble mixture on it.
- Then bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- Let it cool completely and break it into pieces.
- To serve, with the help of scoop mulberry ice cream into a bowl and top with the crumble.
Nutritional Information for Mulberry crumble ice cream recipe:
Calories: 140kcal |
Carbohydrates: 34g |
Protein: 1g |
Fat: 1g |
Saturated Fat: 1g |
Sodium: 11mg |
Potassium: 170mg |
Fiber: 1g |
Sugar: 32g |
Vitamin A: 22IU |
Vitamin C: 32mg |
Calcium: 34mg |